Well, sadly, this piece of equipment I did not spend a whole lot of money on. Yeah if you are my buddy and you run out of air, it's not going to be as nice breathing on my octo as it was on your reg. But it should deliver the air just fine and we should both make it back to the surface a'ok.
I chose the Aqua Lung ABS. It can't be all that bad. It is made my Aqua Lung after all. And it received a "testers choice" award from Scuba Diving Magazine. Here are the features from Aqua Lung -
- The New ABS Octopus combines excellent breathing performance with the benefits of a low profile body style.
- Exceeds CE breathing requirements for regulators
- Versatile design allows proper function when right side up or upside down
- Unique 120° angle between hose and mouthpiece: This Aqua Lung innovation is ideal for giving your octopus to a buddy - will work in either right hand or left hand positions. No more sharp bends in the hose or upside down octopuses in the mouth
- Custom quick-release mounting clip keeps the ABS properly located on the body at all times
- 39" yellow hose easily distinguishes your ABS hose from your primary hose. This high visibility hose is easily spotted in case of an out-of-air emergency